HOME, HOME, HOME


 photo 1flatlay_zpscd22f2d6.jpg  photo 2flatlay_zps0d7f08f5.jpg  photo 3flatlay_zps044a9b62.jpg  photo 4flatlay_zpsc3cf2247.jpg  photo 5flatlay_zpsc9ee3309.jpg  photo 6flatlay_zps66c1753e.jpg  photo 7flatlay_zpsf64aa3ec.jpg  photo 8flatlay_zpsd615d7e2.jpg

Here’s something I’m not proud of, but can at least be honest about: I love going on plane trips largely because it means I get to do sweet FA for a couple of hours. I told my partner this last time we were about to embark on a long-haul flight, and he looked mildly disgusted, maybe partly amused, but mostly, not at all impressed.

For most of my life, I was, by nature, a hugely lazy person. But I am now, by necessity, a hugely industrious person.

So the great thing about plane rides, for me, is that I get to indulge my latent lazy person with little-to-no-guilt. There is part of me that recognises that I could be using this air-time to work on my completely analogue profession: i.e., drawing. However, if I’m sitting next to someone I don’t know – which is likely – I don’t really feel comfortable with it.

So mostly I just sit, read, eat snacks, listen to Bowie, wriggle around impatiently, and have passive-elbow-battles for the arm rest.

And this afternoon, I am really, really looking forward to going through all that indulgent time-wasting. Because when I step off the plane it will just be going dark at the tiny regional airport that is edged on one side by a stand of low coastal scrub, and beyond that, the sea. And when I wake up customarily early the next morning, I’ll look straight out a full-height glass window, past a gumtree that changes colour in the rain of summer thunderstorms, onto a green valley, probably still thick with mist pending the rising sun, and I’ll know I’m home, home, home. 

2 comments:

  1. Treasures indeed! Especially that shirt!

    Oly // Tlv Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing that shirt a lot, it's pretty spectacular!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...