Nec spe, nec metu



I've been digging on Shida's work pretty much since I moved to Brisbane and started recognising it everywhere... so understandably am psyched about this show. He has such a distinct and strong style, sort of like things you've seen somewhere... maybe... but nothing like anything that's currently out there. I get really impressed by artists who have their own definite, unique imagery. And Georg has got a kind of Anthony Lister thing happening, which can only be good right? Which is definitely not to say it's derivative, because his stuff is rad rad rad in its own right.

And as far as I can get it, the show title is translating to 'Without fear or hope" or "Neither fear nor hope"...
Ninelives now til the 24th.

1 comment:

  1. Shida is the boomting man!! I saw one of his works while taking a mind raping from some avant-garde film the other day. It's so sinister, but...cool. First!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...